[Typo3] Moving from MTB to TemplaVoila

Michael Nardell mnardell at teconline.com
Mon Nov 7 18:58:37 CET 2005

First of all, I am new to Typo3 in general, and TemplaVoila in particular. I
have just started working through the TemplaVoila tutorial. At the same
time, I am going to need to start producing a site using Typo3. In order to
get up to speed as soon as possible, I was planning on building the site
using a MTB approach, and then add TemplaVoila functionality where its is
specifically required (in those particular cases where a columnar layout
will not work.)

I wanted to see if there are significant problems with mixing MTB with
TemplaVoila. Or if it is prohibitvely difficult to migrate a site originally
developed with MTB techniques to a TempaVoila approach. If this seems like a
bad idea to people I will try to hold off on building the site using MTB...
instead I will try to get up to speed using TemplaVoila and then build using
strictly TemplaVoila.

Thanks!

Michael Nardell