[Typo3] tempavoila and custom processing

Sami Ben-yahia sittinggoat at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 21:06:23 CEST 2005

You are right, I haven't clearly explained my point, I'll try to fix this...

To share content between pages i used this :

//
[constants]
pidSharedContent = 33
[setup]
styles.content.getShared < styles.content.get
styles.content.getShared.select {
     pidInList = {$pidSharedContent}
}
//

Like that i hadn't to click in every single page i wanted the same content to appear (cool for cart, login box...) and was able to
share content for a branch. The disadvantages of this method are :
	no visual feedback
	a not very user friendly way to share/unshare content.

Looking the templavoila class in charge of content retrieval and fe rendering i saw this hook :

class.tx_templavoila_pi1::renderElement
//
$hookObj->renderElement_preProcessRow ($row, $table, $this);
//

I haven't look deep yet. I'm looking also if the "<vDEF></vDEF>" could be used to share content (is in only used in be to help mapping
?) but for now i really don't know.

I needed fe xml output because i use flash on the site, so i used this :

//
[constants]
plugin.tt_products.file.templateFile = fileadmin/templates/products.xml
[setup]
xml_contentrendering >
xml_contentrendering = PAGE
xml_contentrendering {
   typeNum=555
}
xml_contentrendering.10.10 = < xmlmenu
xml_contentrendering.10.10.wrap = <menu>|</menu>
//
In this case instead of using an "xml" templatefile (in this example for tt_products) i wondered if i could use a DS (implemented in
the extension) and retrieve it before merging with the TO and after content retrieval. That will just make a 1000's tt_product (just
kidding I'll try to make something constructive)

Instead of saying "pseudo frameset" i should have said "page.typenum" (i haven't made a frameset site since 5 years)

I know i have to study typo3 more but sharing knowledge helps a lot.

Good night, it's 21h00 in Paris.