[Typo3] tempavoila and custom processing

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue May 31 17:41:43 CEST 2005

Sami Ben-yahia wrote:
> Hi,
> I was using typoscript for :
> - xml output

TemplaVoila doesn't generate any HTML/XHTML on it's own. It just inserts dynamic
content into your HTML or XHTML templates.

So if you write your XHTML Templates in valid XHTML they will validate also after
they get mapped with TV.

The only thing which possibly isn't completly valid XHTML are the content Elements
but they are the traditional ones (Text, Text w. Image) If they were valid for you
with MTB1 then you will also find them ok under TV (they are the same - really !)

> - sharing content in different pages

How did you do this with MTB1 style ? I guess you used "Insert records" elements.

No need for this anymore ... TV supports "real" references. Just click on the "create
reference" icon of some Content Element and paste it into some other page. It will appear
brown/orange instead of green. This mens it isn't really located on the page you inserted
it.

> Now i'm trying to do the same with templavoila but i hesitate on the way
> to accomplish this :
> - creating extensions using hooks in templavoila

What excatly are you wanting to do ? Not everything can be implemented via Hooks ...

> - using a mix of flexform an typoscript integration

Erm. Please explain.
Typoscript = FE
Flexform = BE+FE

so what do those two have to do together ?

> - creating a pseudo frameset

What do you mean by pseudo frameset ? Normally you shouldn't design websites
anymore which use frames ...

greets,
Bernhard