[Typo3] Hi all - just a quick one for a T3 newbie :-)

Joshua Preston jpreston at americatab.com
Sun May 8 22:59:52 CEST 2005

Martin,

Welcome!

You'll find TYPO3 to be more than you originally thought I'm sure.
However, it is NOT easy to learn, nor it learning it fast.  You must be
patient and very open to design changes.  Most of the design changes
I've made were actually for the better as TYPO3 incorporates just about
everything you could want or need.

To answer your questions, yes, you can still include your own javascript
and PHP functions.  I have found that most of the time it is a waste of
time simply because most of the ones included in TYPO3 are complete,
versatile and efficient.  I use a lot of my own PHP functions I wrote a
while back, but their purpose is to access a MSSQL database for custom
tables (pre-existing).

I recommend reading all of the documentation five or six times ;-)

Anyhow, good luck!

Joshua Preston.