[Typo3] pages and content hidden by default

Marco Bascietto m.bascietto at tele2.it
Sun May 1 19:08:36 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

I would like my BE users to add pages and content that should be hidden
by default.

The TSConfig of BE groups looks like:
TCAdefaults {
  pages.hidden = 1
  tt_content.hidden = 1
}

I have also included the following lines in typo3conf/localconf.php with
no success:
$TCA["tt_content"]["columns"]["hidden"]["config"]["default"] = 1;
$TCA['pages']['columns']['hidden']['config']['default'] = 1;

New "inside pages" are hidden but new "pages (after)" are not!
Newly created content is hidden but new content created using the wizard
is not!

It looks like something else is overriding my settings.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Marco