[Typo3] pages and content hidden by default

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Mon May 2 09:31:35 CEST 2005

Hello Marco,

> I would like my BE users to add pages and content that should be hidden
> by default.
>
> The TSConfig of BE groups looks like:
> TCAdefaults {
>   pages.hidden = 1
>   tt_content.hidden = 1
> }
>
> I have also included the following lines in typo3conf/localconf.php with
> no success:
> $TCA["tt_content"]["columns"]["hidden"]["config"]["default"] = 1;
> $TCA['pages']['columns']['hidden']['config']['default'] = 1;
>

> New "inside pages" are hidden but new "pages (after)" are not!
> Newly created content is hidden but new content created using the wizard
> is not!
>
> It looks like something else is overriding my settings.

it is possible that the hidden field is set in "copyAfterDuplFields" or
"useColumnsForDefaultValues" in the ctrl-section of pages (inside
(ext_)tables.php).

So the new page would take the value from the page it is copied or
created after.

Not testet. Just an idea. See TYPO3Core APIs for details.

Greetings,

Christian