[Typo3] US Date

Daniel Rahenkamp daniel.rahenkamp at sdhc.k12.fl.us
Sun Mar 27 18:46:47 CEST 2005

manager at bedlamhotel.com on Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 3:55 PM -0500 wrote:

>> If you are using tt_news (which I'm assuming you are) the date/time
>> format is in the
>> setup.txt., which is found in the extension manager in the "edit files"
>> area of the tt_news
>> extension.
>>
>> I add the contents of that file to the setup area of my template and
>> change the date
>> format and it works, providing you check the time/date.  Failure to do
>> that brings up a
>> whole new set of problems :( which I've asked about, but have never seen
>> a response :(.
>>

>Just a general comment about  your method of configuring extensions; you
>have much more fine-grained access to any given extension's Typoscript via
>the TS Object Browser via the 'Template' module in the back end. You can
>click on a property name and then directly edit the value of the property.
>The result of this action is a new line in the page's TS template.
>
>Also, if you're building multiple sites with Typo3, it's quite helpful to
>set up an extension approximately the way you like it and then re-use that
>configuration in new site templates (as, for example, 'basis templates'
>attached to a site's main template).

Sorry for being so thick headed about this but I can't worry about setting
up mutiple sites and having very fine grained control if I can't figure
out how to format the date to my local standards. While I do appreaciate
and love the fact that Typo3 has this control, just the fact that knowing
that it has it does nothing to help me if I can't figure out how to do it.
I guess I need an example for someone who is still learning the ins and
outs of Typo3.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Rahenkamp
Burnett Middle School