[Typo3] US Date

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 21:55:34 CET 2005

Hello,

--- Amy Stinson <tzaia at stinsonfamily.com> wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2005 at 13:56, Daniel Rahenkamp wrote:

<snip>

> If you are using tt_news (which I'm assuming you are) the date/time
> format is in the
> setup.txt., which is found in the extension manager in the "edit files"
> area of the tt_news
> extension.
>
> I add the contents of that file to the setup area of my template and
> change the date
> format and it works, providing you check the time/date.  Failure to do
> that brings up a
> whole new set of problems :( which I've asked about, but have never seen
> a response :(.

Just a general comment about  your method of configuring extensions; you
have much more fine-grained access to any given extension's Typoscript via
the TS Object Browser via the 'Template' module in the back end. You can
click on a property name and then directly edit the value of the property.
The result of this action is a new line in the page's TS template.

Also, if you're building multiple sites with Typo3, it's quite helpful to
set up an extension approximately the way you like it and then re-use that
configuration in new site templates (as, for example, 'basis templates'
attached to a site's main template).

-Christopher