[Typo3] Related News Linking

Tim Boesenkool tim at boesenkool.com
Tue Mar 22 21:01:22 CET 2005

Hey List

I'm having a difficult time getting the related news to link from the single
news. I can see the related article, but no link. I'm running News 2.1.1 in
Typo3 3.7. I have 4 news categories all running their own LIST and SINGLE
pages.

I've read the documentation regarding the link, but I'm having some trouble
getting it to work.

Page id for single item display. (name changed in tt_news 1.6.0)

Here you can define a page to be used for display of a news item with the
"SINGLE" template-part. This setting can also be done in the Constant editor
or directly in the content element. (the settings done directly in the
content element will override settings you made by TS, but they will only
affect these certain content element.)

"Example:

# singlePid for a news element inserted by TS
plugin.tt_news.singlePid = 590

Notice: setting at least one page with a SINGLE news content element as
"singlePid" is required (since tt_news 1.3.0)

-> if there's no "singlePid" defined the links that should point to the
single view don't work.

The old var-name "PIDitemDisplay" does not work for links to related news
anymore (since tt_news 1.6.3) "

I've set the single pid on my list and single pages, still with no effect.

How can I set the single pid in the content element as referred above?

Any other suggestions for getting related news to link properly?

Thanks/Regards

Tim Boesenkool