[Typo3] rtehtmlarea doesn't load

David Wallace d.p.wallace at massey.ac.nz
Tue Mar 15 04:45:23 CET 2005

Hi Joseph

...[write your message here]...
Finally found something that made the extension work!! Turns out the fault was within my server configuration, more specifically my virtual host section and my rewrite rules.

My original rule looked like this

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/typo3$  typo3/index_re.php [L]
  RewriteRule ^/typo3$ - [L]
  RewriteRule ^/typo3/.*$ - [L]
  RewriteRule ^/(.*).html$ /index.php?$1.html [PT]

I needed to change the last rule to be

RewriteRule ^/([^/]+)\.html$ /index.php [PT]

I kept getting errors in my apache log for blank.html as referrer “file does not exist”, each time checking various locations for something.

I can now see the RTEHTMLAREA extension in the RTE area now and works fine, it also corrected my issue of popup windows showing as unformatted HTML instead of the expected plugin windows.

The only problem I now seem to have is the extension wont load through our proxy server. I can reference the server directly and it loads 100% for IE and FireFox/Netscape, but try by the full URL and our proxy and it fails to load
.. might be another rewrite issue.

Hope this helps someone else!

- David Wallace (dpwallac)