[Typo3] Xhtml compliance: problem with non_sgml chars

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Mar 12 09:40:59 CET 2005

Hi,

Christopher schrieb:
[...]
> This is sometimes caused by users pasting content from windows applications
> into  the back end; you should be able to prevent it by forcing the BE
> charset from the install tool. Look for :
>
> [BE][forceCharset]
>
> ....and set it to whatever's most appropriate (could be iso-8859-1, could be
> utf-8 etc...)

Can somebody explain what is happening when this is set?

The content then somehow gets processed by TYPO3?
Chars will beconverted?
How?

Does this need any special care for mysqld as well. (Especially for
UTF-8)? Or is this all taken care of just by "[BE][forceCharset]"?

I do have problems with "non-SGML" as well right now and don't
understand the background yet. ;(
Any hints appreciated. ;)

Thx,
Peter