[Typo3] Last word in header different color

Torsten Schrade schrade at lineara.de
Thu Jun 30 07:22:24 CEST 2005

Rudy Gnodde wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get something working. What I have is a list of all the headers of all content on a page. I did this with the following TypoScript code:>
> But what I want now is to give the last word (so everything after the last space) a different color. I've been looking into the split option, but so far no luck. Does anybody know if this can be done with TypoScript and how?

Hi Rudy,

the following TS does what you want:

lib.headers = CONTENT
lib.headers.wrap = <ul> | </ul>
lib.headers {

   table = tt_content
   select {
     pidInList = this
     orderBy = sorting desc
     where = header!=''
   }

   renderObj = COA
   renderObj {

     wrap = <li> | </li>

     10 = TEXT
     10.field = uid
     10.wrap = | &nbsp;

     20 = TEXT
     20.field = header
     20.split {
         token.char = 32
         cObjNum = 1
         1.current = 1

         wrap = |&nbsp;|*||&nbsp;|*|<span style="color:
blue">|&nbsp;</span>
     }
   }
}

All words in the header are split with token.char 32 (space). Therefore
you have to reinsert the spaces between words with &nbsp; The option
split does that for the first value, then repeats it in the middle value
till it reaches the last element in the split array (=last word) where
an additional span is wraped around that you can style to a color of
your liking.

Cheers, Torsten