[Typo3] No thumbnails are created

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Thu Jun 16 19:56:40 CEST 2005

"Dmitrii Dimandt" <dmitriid at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.4256.1118937155.19958.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

> The problem is that sometimes you don't have direct access to your
> host (if it's an account handed down through a series of resellers) or
> the host is reluctant to install any additional software

May be, but ImageMagick belongs to a typical Linux webserver install setup,
and any host that considers himself even remotely professional should have
ImageMagick installed, since there is a zillion widely-used scripts that use
IM.

I don't remember working with a hosting provider that didn't, actually.

Moreover, most of the Linux distros have IM packages already packed in.
Maybe not latest, but they are there. So in those huge chains of resellers
of the resellers selling resellers that start appearing on the market,
someone really should take care of this.

Being hosted by the reseller is in 99% of cases the worst possible scenario.
They are not allowed to install or maintain, and in most cases wouldn't know
how to anyway. It is far better to use an ordinary but direct shared hosting
at a good company than to be hosted by the reseller.

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production, TYPO3
Hosting

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr