[Typo3] No thumbnails are created

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:29:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/16/05, Dmitrii Dimandt <dmitriid at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > True, I don't have ImageMagick installed. Is generation of thumbnails
> > > reserved exclusively to IM? If so, it loks like a very odd decision to
> > > me.
> >
> > Why? - It works fine for 10thousands of people.
> > It's free and can be easily installed.
> > So where's the problem?
>
> The problem is that sometimes you don't have direct access to your
> host (if it's an account handed down through a series of resellers) or
> the host is reluctant to install any additional software :(

The keywords to notice were 'easily installed'. Lots of people use
Typo3 in shared hosting environments where they can't install software
like IM. There are static binaries available for most server
environments at typo3.sunsite.dk/software/ including both ImageMagick
and GraphicsMagick (which seems to be a contender to replace IM in
Typo3 installs).

-Christopher