AW: [Typo3] Typo3 template repository?

Dieter Mayer dieter_mayer at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 23:31:26 CEST 2005

Hiya Michael,

> Another opportunity for a plug:
> Use a newsreader! Check out
> http://typo3.org/community/mailing-lists/use-a-news-reader/

Nice, but my Outlook plugin fetches not all past postings and I don't want
to use a separate app. Bad for me, ok...

> The styles that the extensions provide are a problem that
> should be solved by the extension writers, not us. There are
> just too much extensions, should we write styles for them in
> good hope that maybe someone even uses extension XYZ?

No, that's too late now, too many extensions developed. That's the reason
why I came to the idea of a template repository. Read below.

> CSS-horror is not strictly a TYPO3 error, although the common
> practice with styling as seen in CSC and lots of extensions
> (too many classes when you can use selectors, etc.) looks to
> bloated and annoying for me, I don't see how a template
> repository could solve this.

Think about templates with extensive css files - css files, that includes
settings for the 'most wanted' and 'most used' extensions - like tt_news,
chc_forum, indexed_search...
Maybe a bit more work for the template developer, but a great benefit for
Typo3 coder. Coders can contribute new class definitions to the template
designer, so he can update the css files with new definitions.
Just an idea from my point of view, but let's end the discussion here, I
continue template coding in the common way :-)

Ciao,
Dieter