[Typo3] Typo3 template repository?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 22:49:58 CEST 2005

Dieter Mayer wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I'm a new subscriber to typo3.design and have no clue about the past
> postings.

Another opportunity for a plug:
Use a newsreader! Check out

> So what is the alternative or the plan to avoid this and to get a
> better respective easier template- and css design? As I wrote earlier, the
> problem is not the html-template or the TS code, for me it's the horror with
> neverending css files - sometimes dozens of lines for each extension, that's
> too complex to handle, if you use a lot of different designs like I do...

The styles that the extensions provide are a problem that should be
solved by the extension writers, not us. There are just too much
extensions, should we write styles for them in good hope that maybe
someone even uses extension XYZ?

CSS-horror is not strictly a TYPO3 error, although the common practice
with styling as seen in CSC and lots of extensions (too many classes
when you can use selectors, etc.) looks to bloated and annoying for me,
I don't see how a template repository could solve this.

Greetings,
Michael