[Typo3] Typo3 template repository?

Dieter Mayer dieter_mayer at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 22:40:11 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

I'm a new subscriber to typo3.design and have no clue about the past
postings. So what is the alternative or the plan to avoid this and to get a
better respective easier template- and css design? As I wrote earlier, the
problem is not the html-template or the TS code, for me it's the horror with
neverending css files - sometimes dozens of lines for each extension, that's
too complex to handle, if you use a lot of different designs like I do...

> We've had the discussion that TYPO3 is too hard on newbies
> multiple times, and honestly, I do not see that making
> everything click'n'go is the solution to this. As Ingo said,
> nobody will learn anything from this, and if you really want
> to compare Mambo with TYPO3 in terms of available templates,
> you're screwed anyway. Look at Plone, they have
> *no* templates whatsoever (okay, one with and one without
> tables) and people seem to use it in professional environments.
>
> I tend to see example templates just as a slightly nicer variant of
>
> page = PAGE
> page.1 < styles.content.get
>
> We're just pushing the barrier of *really* having to read a
> lot of docs and spending weeks and months somewhat further up
> the hill. This may be okay for newbies who just want quick
> results but it will result in even more postings like "Okay,
> I have template X and want a third menu level but don't bug
> me with the docs".- In other words: Making a template
> repository will probably help in the short run, but not
> necessarily in the long run (from a user's perspective).

Greets,
Dieter