[Typo3] Typo3 template repository?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:02:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/14/05, Dieter Mayer <dieter_mayer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I'm a new subscriber to typo3.design and have no clue about the past
> postings. So what is the alternative or the plan to avoid this and to get a
> better respective easier template- and css design? As I wrote earlier, the
> problem is not the html-template or the TS code, for me it's the horror with
> neverending css files - sometimes dozens of lines for each extension, that's
> too complex to handle, if you use a lot of different designs like I do...

I'd say the solution is to standardize your design process. I don't
see any reason - if you're designing new sites often - why you
couldn't just build a generic html / css template for each of the most
frequently used extensions and do minor customization each time. With
a cleverly thought out html template, it should be possible to create
a set of extension styles that don't need extensive customization. You
can even create separate stylesheets for each extension if you like
and call them into the main stylesheet...

@import(tt_news.css);
@import(sr_feuserregister.css);
@import(some_other_extension.css);

I find it is only very rarely necessary to substantially change
extension templates once I've customized them the first time, and if
you make use of the _cascade_ in [c]ss, you get a lot of your
extension styles for free...

-Christopher