[Typo3] Specifying menu sections

Erika Bjune ebjune at tides.org
Tue Jun 14 21:56:42 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I've searched through the archives to no avail and have a question about
specifying menu sections for display.  I would like all of my menus to
be open at the same time and showing the second and third levels (versus
having to click on the highest level link to reveal the rest of the menu
items). I would thus like to be able to specify the top level menu items
and have three separate components returned containing each section's
level 2 and 3 links that I can plunk into my templates.

The site I'm developing can be viewed at http://threshold.tides.org. On
the home page, I have rollovers that currently show hard-wired menu
items in the center, but I would like to pull these out dynamically. I'm
using hidden divs, each of which, ideally, would contain one section's
set of menu items.

On the inner pages, only one menu section can be opened at a time, but I
would like all of them to be showing at the same time, with the submenu
sections expanded under the appropriate higher-level links (I've tried
setting the expAll parameter, but it doesn't seem to work the way I'd
expect it to).

If I can figure out how to set up wrappers for individual sections, I
suspect it would solve all of my needs.

Thanks in advance for any insights that can be provided.

Cheers,
Erika Bjune