[Typo3] Specifying menu sections

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 22:40:33 CEST 2005

Hi Erika,

Erika Bjune wrote:

> The site I'm developing can be viewed at http://threshold.tides.org. On
> the home page, I have rollovers that currently show hard-wired menu
> items in the center, but I would like to pull these out dynamically. I'm
> using hidden divs, each of which, ideally, would contain one section's
> set of menu items.

Nice site, btw. Your current setup can possibly be created with a
GMENU_LAYERS altough I am no expert on this hiding/unhiding with JS
topic. You could also try with a simple, expanded list-like menu that is
then treated with some CSS and JS, as seen here
(http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/).

> On the inner pages, only one menu section can be opened at a time, but I
> would like all of them to be showing at the same time, with the submenu
> sections expanded under the appropriate higher-level links (I've tried
> setting the expAll parameter, but it doesn't seem to work the way I'd
> expect it to).

Hm, I'm probably dumb but I would have thought expAll does just what you
described. Where exactly is the problem?

> If I can figure out how to set up wrappers for individual sections, I
> suspect it would solve all of my needs.

I'm not sure how that would help but option split or some Joey-style TS
hacks might help.

Greetings,
Michael