[Typo3] Minute Website

Jane Larsen noesgard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 13:44:05 CEST 2005

I DID tell you to use your real name, in this reply to you question (on june
3rd):
Hi "who ever you might be" (please use your full name on the list as stated
in the guidelines for this mailing list)

 You are not very specific as to exactly where in the MTB you start getting
into trouble? Could you provide some more specific information there....

 As to minute website and MTB: I dont think the templates are the same and
don't mix those if you are having problems.

 I have gone through the MTB1 without too much trouble so if you could tell
me (and the others) where your solutions starts to differ from the tutorial
it would be much easier to help...

//Jane Larsen

You seem to react rather strongly to the fact that people on the list would
like to know who they are talking to, whats the matter with that? Do you
like to talk to "John Does"? By being on this list you have accepted the
guidelines, don't be angry with people just for refreshing your memory on
this.

Concerning information/tutorials on Typo3: There are thousands of pages
describing how to use Typo3 and you are right as far as it can be a little
difficult to find one specific information among all this information.
Surely some of it could use improvement, but if you would like things to
change then offer your help or be specific in your problem description.
Sayin you read it all 150 times, does not help just states that you seem to
have wasted a lot of time since you haven't gotten any further.

Regarding the MBT/1: Have you been looking at the video? There are many
useful videos in other cases too...

Regarding quality of language: Well, you have taken on using an open source
CMS developed by somene who is NOT native english.Most people contributing
to Typo3 use their sparetime improving on it and they do a fine job. Maybe
writing english is not what they do best - so what! Would it be better if
everything was written in Kaspers native language only (Danish)? I like the
fact that more people can interact at exchance knowledge using english but I
don't go nuts on the writers if the grammar or spelling is somewhat rusty.

And finally: If you're brand new to Typo3, play around with some of the
static templates to get the hang of it! Figure out how markers and various
bits and pieces interact.

I hope you can get over the beginning difficulties in Typo3 because I findt
it is a very powerful and useful tool but that also means that it requires
time, effort and some research to get up and running.

//Jane Larsen

NB You still haven't provide specific info on where your problem starts in
the MTB/1 so I can't provide any help for you - bu maybe you dont want that
since you don't follow up on it...