[Typo3] Drag and drop in backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jun 3 13:21:50 CEST 2005

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

> What would be awesome, is that on drop a small menu pops up allowing to
> choose between
>  - copy into,
>  - copy after,
>  - move into,
>  - move after.

... or create a shortcut reference! :-)

> Similar to the behaviour of Konqueror or other applications. That would
> make this a killer feature.

Yes, definitely!

> I think this isn't too relevant. If this idea is developed further and can
> be added without breaking anything in some browsers, this might well be
> hooked into the core (cleaner than XCLASS) or even added directly (even
> cleaner than a hook). How relevant is this question to the further
> development of this?

I agree with Karsten, that shouldn't be a problem for your project. But yes,
we must find a better concept besides XCLASSes and Hooks...

As soon as you're done and it works in all browsers, we should move this
right into the core I think. This is not an addition, this should be
standard functionality... :-)

Thanks for your efforts!
- michael
--