[Typo3] Drag and drop in backend

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Jun 3 12:31:05 CEST 2005

Hi.

Stephane Schitter wrote:
> Answering other comments seen on the list, I was not able to embed some
> kind of visual feedback into the extension that alerts the user that he is
> actually doing a drag of an object, so I was not able to build some kind
> of "icon follow the mouse" functionality. How badly is that required ?

It should be possible to either change the cursor style or to display a
small layer that follows the mouse and contains a page icon or smth. Visual
feedback is very important IMHO.

What would be awesome, is that on drop a small menu pops up allowing to
choose between
 - copy into,
 - copy after,
 - move into,
 - move after.
Similar to the behaviour of Konqueror or other applications. That would make
this a killer feature.

> Also, given the discussions that we've seen on how to request hooks in the
> core, etc... does any of the experienced devs think that this extension
> should be based on a hook rather than an XCLASS ?

I think this isn't too relevant. If this idea is developed further and can
be added without breaking anything in some browsers, this might well be
hooked into the core (cleaner than XCLASS) or even added directly (even
cleaner than a hook). How relevant is this question to the further
development of this?

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns