[Typo3] very long typo3 script template setups - maybe nice extention idea

Daniel Doesburg typo3 at doesburg.biz
Sun Jul 24 13:57:50 CEST 2005

Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:
 > hello
 >
 > I am quite interesting how do you all manage to edit long typo3 script
 > template setups.

Hi Krystian,

There are at least two ways:

1. include parts of TS as textfiles; this gives the possibility to
include them conditional
2. as extended templates

The second way is what I use to do. My typoscripts are mostly shorter as
40 lines.

The second mandatory document before you begin with TYPO3 is MTB1 (the
first is Getting started)
There you find a clear explanation about the second manner.
To find it quick:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_templselect/Cleaning_everything/

I advise to read first all the bold printed titles (13) in the document
matrix. And do it twice!

Success,

Daniel