[Typo3] very long typo3 script template setups - maybe nice extention idea

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sun Jul 24 11:10:55 CEST 2005

hello

I am quite interesting how do you all manage to edit long typo3 script
template setups.

Right now I am working with 400 lines TS and it is not the longest I
have. And I am wasting time going through this huge textarea to find the
place of code I want to edit :(

I have search through TER and found only one extention helping while
working with long typo3 setups: remoteLines by Kay Stenschke.. but its
not as helpful as one would like.

It could be very helpful if I could divide typo3 script template setup
into sections. eg. 'menu1', 'menu2', 'language settings', 'altering
bullet list' etc. and edit only this part I am interested in.

I wonder if it could be possible to make an extention which allow to
accumulate TYPO3 template setup from 'text' content elements of normal
page. Then it will be enough just to set Starting Point of template
Setup. I dont know how to write backend ext, but it seems to be quite
easy, is not it?

This could be also used to "on/off" some parts of template setups
without using rem char # - simply hide 'text' content element.

Or maybe there are other way of handling with very long typo3 script
template setups?

I hope you share your knowlege in this subject. Tnx in advance.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz