[Typo3] sr_feuser register extending form problem

racco raczek at open.infi.pl
Tue Jul 19 00:16:18 CEST 2005

Uzytkownik "Ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> napisal w wiadomosci
news:mailman.439.1121701342.10548.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> racco wrote:
>
>>Uzytkownik "John Romano" <typo3 at pb.net> napisal w wiadomosci
>>news:mailman.1.1121451688.5443.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
>>

>>>I had to add fields to the sr_feuser extension.   To do so, in addition
>>>to adding the new field through an extension as you did, also you have to
>>>make many mods to
>>>ext/sr_feuser_register/pi1/class.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.php and
>>>associated changes to ext_typoscript_setup.txt, pi1/locallang.php and
>>>pi1/tx_srfeuserregister_pi1_tmpl.tmpl
>>>
>>>Specifically you need to write the handlers for the new field...
>>>including template markers, form field evaluation and finally storage.
>>>
>>>Simply adding the new field to the template and the setup does very
>>>little in attaining the goal you seek.
>>>
>>>I hope this helps somewhat.
>>>John Romano
>>>

>>Hello!
>>
>>I know that changes in template (.tmpl) and setup.txt are obligatory, but
>>what I have to change in class.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.php ??
>>
>>thx
>>tomek
>>
> If you read the manual carefully then you can read that you don't need to
> change anything in
>
> sr_feuser_register but create your own extention to add the fields to the
> database.
> Everything else needs to be added with typoescript and the template neesd
> to be copied into
> fileadmin so you can add/change savely.
>
> Ries
>

> --
> R. van Twisk
> http://www.metamorf.net
>
> Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
> Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
> Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/

Hello!

I have read the manual and tutorial "How to add new field" many times and I
know the procedure by heart, really. But if you are trying to use two
instances of sr_feusers_register extension (that are using the same
template) some problems may appear if you want to use your new field in one
of them and dont want to use it in another form.
Why?
Becasuse if you added a new field and put a label
######EVAL_ERROR_FIELD_.... and then in setup in evalValues you added this
field it will work correctly in form which uses this field, but in one which
doesn't you will have this ######EVAL_ERROR_FIELD_ label displayed on the
screen. And your form will not be processed.

My solution for this was to create two different site templates for each
page, and there in Setup of this template I configured evalValues different
for each page. Now it works as it should.

greetings
racco