[Typo3] sr_feuser register extending form problem

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jul 18 10:43:11 CEST 2005

racco wrote:

>Uzytkownik "John Romano" <typo3 at pb.net> napisal w wiadomosci
>news:mailman.1.1121451688.5443.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
>

>>I had to add fields to the sr_feuser extension.   To do so, in addition to
>>adding the new field through an extension as you did, also you have to
>>make many mods to
>>ext/sr_feuser_register/pi1/class.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.php and
>>associated changes to ext_typoscript_setup.txt, pi1/locallang.php and
>>pi1/tx_srfeuserregister_pi1_tmpl.tmpl
>>
>>Specifically you need to write the handlers for the new field... including
>>template markers, form field evaluation and finally storage.
>>
>>Simply adding the new field to the template and the setup does very little
>>in attaining the goal you seek.
>>
>>I hope this helps somewhat.
>>John Romano
>>

>Hello!
>
>I know that changes in template (.tmpl) and setup.txt are obligatory, but
>what I have to change in class.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.php ??
>
>thx
>tomek

If you read the manual carefully then you can read that you don't need
to change anything in

sr_feuser_register but create your own extention to add the fields to the database.
Everything else needs to be added with typoescript and the template neesd to be copied into
fileadmin so you can add/change savely.

Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/