[Typo3] Upgrade to 3.8 causes RTE table html to be displayed as text

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Fri Jul 1 09:46:38 CEST 2005

Are these items field in one of your own extensions?

Or just standard Typo3 content elements?


"Art Ketcham" <typo3.org at ArthurK.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1120171206.16034.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> We just update to version 3.8 from 3.7.0, and we noticed that page
> content items which were created in the RTE are not displayed properly
> in the front end web page.
> Our old and new RTE is htmlarea, although they are different versions.
> What happens is that when we have an item in the RTE (previously created
> or new) that has a table in it, all of the table related tags, such as
> table, td, tr, etc. is displayed as raw text on the front end (the html
> is not kept as html).
> When we put this code in as a raw html item, which doesnt use the RTE,
> then everything works fine. So this problem has to do with the RTE and
> the parsing of the html.
> This is rather frustrating, but I'm sure there is a simple fix. I will
> give 5 gmail addresses to whoever solves this problem :p
> Regards,
> Arthur Ketcham
> Web Services
> Walla Walla College
> -typo3.org- at -ArthurK-dot-com

More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list