[Typo3] Upgrade to 3.8 causes RTE table html to be displayed as text

Lyle E. Dodge lyle.dodge at wwc.edu
Fri Jul 1 01:04:05 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Arthur and I work together and I wanted to offer a small clarification to his previous post.

> When we put this code in as a raw html item, which
> doesnt use the RTE, then everything works fine. So
> this problem has to do with the RTE and the parsing
> of the html.

I turned off the RTE, even went so far as to uninstall it.  Still no luck.  Like Arthur said all is
well if the content type is HTML but if the type is Text or Text w/ Image something is breaking the
table, tr, td, and tbody tags.  It simply turns all the < into &lt; and > into &gt;.

So, to me, it feels more low-level than just the RTE.  In fact the tables look just beautiful *in*
the RTE, but they fall apart on the FE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I too will offer up 5 gmail invites, maybe even 10,
seriously. ;)

Thanks folks!

Lyle E. Dodge lyle.dodge at wwc.edu
Walla Walla College Web Services