[Typo3] Menu itemstates ACT vs ACTIFSUB

henk nijveld henk at nijveld.net
Fri Jan 28 18:15:49 CET 2005

> Now, where ever I am in the tree of pages the current page is just
> that: the CUR one. Up the tree back to the startpage (the rootline)
> every parent/grandparent/... page _is_ ACT (in the rootline) _but_also_
> has subpages, naturally, so _it_is_ ACTIFSUB too. Where, please,
> are these two states ever usefull? What am I not seeing here?

I have a really simple menu what need the ACTIFSUB
my menu is split in 2 parts: 1 -> the top level, and 2 -> sub page (if one)
So when I am click on the top level menu (1) i need to check if there
are sub pages or not. If so, i have to wrap things different.

> And then comes up the missing state CURIFSUB, which would be most
> interesting, when one tries to resemble something similar a typical
> computer tree: show the current page as a folder icon or a page icon
> (a _node_ having children or a _node_ beeing a _leaf_).
>
> And I know, that there are several messages/solutions in this group to
> that, all requireing a (small) extension to be written.
>
> Shouldn't ACTIFSUB simply be dropped and a CURIFSUB introduced in the
> core (in case ACTIFSUB can be pointed out to be usefull, just _add_
> CURIFSUB to the core)?
I still need ACTIFSUB in my current menu. CURIFSUB is not enough for me.
If I am in the subpage (2) I still need ACTIFSUB, and not ACT (ACTIFSUB
is stronger) for the wrapping I still need, even on the sub page.

I have implemented (for an other site) the CURIFSUB workaround. So it
would be nice to implement this on the core.

Clear things up? Hope I say things correctly. (Still not understanding
typo3 completely)

Henk