[Typo3] TMENU wrapping problem

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 8 07:23:35 CET 2005

Good morning,

Adrien Driver wrote:
> I had suspected that.  Thanks for the advise.

You are welcome ...

> Yep! Have heard of CSS :-)).  Someone helped me with the code last year
> in this very forum when I asked for help.  So while I accept blame for
> using the code, please excuse me for not knowing better.

:-) Sorry, I had no intention to blame you really hard.

Hopefully no one hits me for posting my favorite link another time:

  http://csszengarden.com

have a short look there. Spend a minute to click around. Spend another
minute to be surprised, why the _content_ always seems to be the very
same on every page, just formattet differently (in fact the content
IS REQUIRED to be the same XHTML all the time over there, no chance
to fiddle with the HTML, scripting, ActiveWhatever, JavaScript).

Spend 5 minutes to see more, eventually identify a layout you like ...
be aware, there are around 100 TOP layouts and many more to have a look
at, so these 5 minutes may turn into 5 hours :-)

After choosing the 1-3 layouts you like most, download HTML (once, as
mentioned), CSS (and images) and study, what the designers over there
did (respect their copyright to the images, XHTML and CSS are free,
though).

This might cost you 5 days or so (I'm on zen garden for 2 years now
and still learn at every visit).

Buy a book about CSS, search Google etc.

If you are in a hurry, just remove the   formatting, instead
generate a class for the table cell, e.g.

temp.left_nav.5 {
   ### using () instead of = to preserve formatting
   NO.allWrap (
   )
}

Include a style sheet in your HTML template. In that have a setting:

/* This adresses the link inside table cells with class "left-nav-5" */
td.left-nav-5 a {
     /* change the margin to your needs, experiment with padding */
     margin-left: 50px;
     padding-left: ???px;
}

> Thanks.  I'll investigate how I fix up my menus under my Typo3.

hth, Georg
--
  ___   ___
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10