[Typo3] TMENU wrapping problem

Adrien Driver Adrien.Driver at infotech.monash.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 05:24:56 CET 2005

Hi

Georg Rehfeld wrote:

> Adrien Driver wrote:
>
>> Many pages on the website I am building has a main menu down the left
>> hand side (see image).
>

> You obviously know: images and other attachements ain't wanted on this
> NG, you could have guessed, that they are removed automatically. Store
> the image on some web site and provide the link to it.

I had suspected that.  Thanks for the advise.

>> temp.left_nav.4 = TMENU
>> temp.left_nav.4 {
>> expAll=0
>> }
>>
>> temp.left_nav.5= TMENU
>> temp.left_nav.5{
>> NO.allWrap =
>>
>> expAll=1
>> }
>

> Have you ever heard about CSS? Indenting with non breaking spaces,
> in year 2005, I can't believe that! Sorry, your question isn't related
> to Typo3.

Yep! Have heard of CSS :-)).  Someone helped me with the code last year
in this very forum when I asked for help.  So while I accept blame for
using the code, please excuse me for not knowing better.

> Use a CSS left margin/padding for the job at hand. And note, the
> 'modern' way of doing menus is using ordered lists and formatting them
> with CSS to your liking (even, when the whole menu itself still is in a
> table cell). For an example see e.g.
> http://www.heizung-einfach.de/Beispiel-Typo3-TV-Text-und-Text.84.0.html

Thanks.  I'll investigate how I fix up my menus under my Typo3.

Cheers

Adrien

--
Adrien Driver