[Typo3] newsletter subscription, mail is not sent

Brian Bendtsen brb at mentor-it.dk
Fri Dec 16 13:41:24 CET 2005

Peter Klein wrote:
> Ok. When you signup for the newsletter, do the system create a tt_address
> (or fe_user) account on your system?
> Should be located in the folder you specified for storing newsletter
> addresses..
>
> What extension do you use for collecting the email addresses?
> plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription?
> If you use plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription then you need to configure email
> and emailName for sending out the verification emails..
>
> More info on configuring "plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription" can be found
> here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/fe_adminLib_inc/

Im pretty sure nothing happens and im not talking about the direct mail
extension but the da_newsletter_subscription.

Im thinking about joing the two extensions, since the direct mail didnt
handle categories very well, it looked to me as you have to enter the
categories directly in the template-file. Not very usefull for normal users.

By the way, is there some other "get started with the direct mail
extension"-documentation, than the tutorial extension. Its way too
superficial and not really suited first timers.

/BB