[Typo3] Can somebody PLEASE show me how to get a searchbox

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 18:38:21 CET 2005

Christopher,

I was really hoping the list wouldn't amoun to this,
but since you insist on taking shots at my
intelligence and know nothing about me, I will
hopefully try to clear the air in the most diplomatic
way possible.

This is not the first site I've worked on with Typo. I
have been working with Typo for ~4 months, I own the
Typo3 book, and I've read the majority of manuals in
the documentation matrix. Your links accmplished
nothing, and proved my point once more - let me
explain by referencing your footnotes:

1.) This is a link to Google, where people are posting
their problems with indexed-search - there is no
tutorial.
2,3,4.) This has nothing to do with indexed_search

I hope that you can see where I'm going with this. If
I was hasty in asking for help, I'm sorry, but I just
want an answer - I don't need snide remarks. If you're
too smart for this list, then please pay no mind to my
"inferior" question ... or at worst case, bear with me
and give me a link (much like Peter did - btw, thanks
again Peter!). I guess I just don't understand why
people even bother talking if they can't help.

Open sorce software is meant to be in the spirit of
learning, and so far this morning, all I've done is
become frustrated with people like you. At this point,
I'd like to tell the whole list that once I actually
find the resources I'm looking for, I am going to post
a complete step-by-step tutorial so nobody else has to
endure what I did. I may have sounded "whiney", or
"ridiculous", but at least my whines will end up
helping people and bettering the product.

-Scott.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Atypo3.org+%2B+%22indexed+search%22+%2B+%22on+every+page%22

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/TEMPLATE/

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_n1/