[Typo3] Can somebody PLEASE show me how to get a searchbox

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Dec 9 12:09:56 CET 2005

Hi!

Dirk Völlger wrote:
> My question to you, Dimitry: Why do you use mailinglists, if you
> have google?

I usually use them to answer questions (rarely ask myself). I think many
questions in this list (at least 40%) appear because people simply do
not read documentation, do not search for information or do not want to
follow tutorials. I admit they can be in a harry but in in those
situation they are likely to find information faster than they get
answer in the list.

You know, if you find answer yourself it is much better than if one
tells you. Why? This is simple: you have to read a lot while you are
searching. This information stays in your mind, hidden until yuo need
it. If you search a lot, you are getting stronger and stronger in that
area. This is your free bonus point :)

I just wanted to encourage you to look for this information yourself
because it is available in this list. I can also give a hint to search
(again, search!) extension repository using the term "search box".

Dmitry.