[Typo3] What is the best way to set up a multiple site with subdomains?

Gilles Deacur tronno22556 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 01:34:46 CET 2005

Man, can I just say I am glad I found this group.  I've been pulling my
hair out the last 2 weeks due to the frustrating and confusing
navigation on the Typo3 site.  This newsgroup looks very promising.

This is my situation:

I have a main domain sunshinelocksmith.com. I want to install typo3 into
a subdomain called admin-maint.sunshinelocksmith.com.  I did that and
the site worked fine from the subdomain.  But I want to have typo3 run
multiple domains.  A few would be subdomains such as
critterpal.sunshinelocksmith.com, deacur.sunshinelocksmith.com,
monkeywithatypewriter.sunshinelocksmith.com, etc.

I imagine this all can be done, but my real problem comes with the URL
in the browser bar.  I don't want the address to read
"critterpal.sunshinelocksmith.com/this-page/" but rather
"www.critterpal.com/this-page/".  I'm having troubles with this at the
moment and suspect this is because I have the typo3 installed in a
subdomain.

Am I correct?  Does this need to go into the root to work like I want,
or can this work like I want from a subdomain?