[Typo3] levelmedia with text file

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Sat Dec 3 19:38:19 CET 2005

Jochen Rieger wrote:

Hi Jochen,

and thanks for the response to my question.

>> I'm trying to include a small bit of text on pages, dependent on the
>> branch of the site that they are located in. We are already doing this
>> with logos for different area, but I'm having trouble getting a text
>> version to work.
>

> is there an obligation for you to do it via file upload? Otherwise I
> would do it with constants in EXT TS templates.

User-friendliness and manageability were two of the main reasons. I'm
the only person who 'speaks' some typoscript, and I want (ideally)  to
avoid more extension templates.

> In case you don't like to create further TS templates you could also
> solve it via conditions in the root template. Just tell me if you need
> advice there.

I'm curious about this. How would that work? Somehow use the pid of the
branch head?

> The levelmedia thing somehow I just know for images.

Yes, searching postings shows many instances of the popular
image-per-branch technique, but I'm sure that I read a comment somewhere
about 'images or other media', and the 'Files:' media upload thingy does
list TXT as a possible filetype. So ..

cheers,

Sean