[Typo3] wiki.typo3.org destroyed?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Aug 31 19:48:17 CEST 2005

Hi Dmitry and JoH
I guess you haven´t looked at the wiki much during this year...
;-) Because otherwise you should have noticed that the amount of
information grows every week. Not very much, but steady!

And it is even useful! Take a look at the Glossary, at the
History page, and see that over 40 people contributed! I venture
to say it would not have been done that quickly without the
wiki! Maybe not at all, if I compare with some extension
projects...  ;-)

>>They decided to have a wiki to get more input from the masses without the
>>need to register as a BE editor.

Exactly, the point is that it should be easy for everyone to
contribute - and that is also what has happened!

> I believe people should be able to _propose_ documentation but the
> documentation team should decide whether to put it to wiki or not.
> Otherwise it will be chaos. Typo3 knowledge is not wikipedia-style
> knowledge, it is a product documentation.

IMHO we need both. The ideal is to keep the wiki as it is but
also have a docTeam that regulary/when needed copies information
into new/existing SXW documents.

Then we can have both freedom/new ideas and controlled documents
- which I would like to call "official" Typo3 documents.

And about the docTeam / documentation list:
It´s true that there is not much discussions going on, but there
is activity anyway. Mostly in the wiki, but I have also had the
time to think about documentation a lot and when someone shows
interest (=want to do some real work) we are ready to go! And
BTW, the documentation bugs in the bugtracker is also "under
control" now!

/Peter Kindström
(not in the docTeam, but yet active)