[Typo3] wiki.typo3.org destroyed?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Aug 31 12:41:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

Olivier Dobberkau schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>

>>I believe
>>only a predefined group of people (doc team) should be able to access
>>typo3 wiki.
>

> <rant>
> yes, then we could use a cms to edit the pages! uh oh wait a minute.
> which one? mambo... eh no typo3.
> </rant>
>
> sorry i could not resist. :-)
>
> i never understood why we use a wiki for documenting typo3. :-(
>
> just my 2 cent.

LOL. IMHO a wiki come in handy because it is just slightly quicker on
editing stuff. So for rough scetches/collections it is a nice thing.

To really handle documentation within a Wiki is a tough task, but that's
probably not due to the wiki technology but due to the nature of huge
chunks of documentation for a complex system like CMS TYPO3. Especially
if the people that maintain it are just volunteers from all over the
world....

so we are now at 4 cents. ;)

Peter

P.S. We just need a wiki/DocBook/OpenOffice.org/TYPO3 "eierlegenede
Wollmilchsau" ;)
--
Peter Niederlag
http://www.typo3partner.net * professional services network *