[Typo3] Bug 0000416. Typo3 3.6.2 What am I supposed to do?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Aug 23 20:19:19 CEST 2005

mario wrote:
> Michael, Peter, all
>
> thanks for the reply.
> So, I installed Typo3 3.8.0 and testsite 3.8.0. That`s fine (besides a
> minor bug ./see below). I went for the easy way to install everything
> 3.8.0 from scratch (with a new mysql database).
>
> So the question is: how do I move whatever I still have under 3.6.2 to
> 3.8.0 (pages tree, TS setups, content elements, and so on). It is just
> enough to change mysql database from the install tool?  Is there some
> other tool to do that?

PhpMyAdmin.

I recommend to do only necessary changes.
Make SQL-dump from the old database.
Delete pages and tt_content + some other tables and make them on the
base of the old database.

Check consitency using 'compare' option in the install tool, when you
check the database. That tool adds necessary fields.
3.6.2 doesn't have so big differences that this should not work.