[Typo3] Bug 0000416. Typo3 3.6.2 What am I supposed to do?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 23 23:41:51 CEST 2005

mario wrote:
^^^^^

> thanks for the reply.
> So, I installed Typo3 3.8.0 and testsite 3.8.0. That`s fine (besides a
> minor bug ./see below). I went for the easy way to install everything
> 3.8.0 from scratch (with a new mysql database).
>
> So the question is: how do I move whatever I still have under 3.6.2 to
> 3.8.0 (pages tree, TS setups, content elements, and so on). It is just
> enough to change mysql database from the install tool?  Is there some
> other tool to do that?

No there is no tool for that, and I don't get the point why this should be
the easy way of solving your problem...

> I know that I may dig in the documentation and
> find an answer,  but if you may write to the list step-by-step
> instructions, I would really appreciate.

Exchanging the 3-8 database with the old one (which contains your site)
requires you to run some database upgrades in the Install Tool (see
Installation manual).

However TYPO3 stores files separately from the database in some folders of
your filesystem. Therefore you will have to exchange these folders as well:
- fileadmin
- typo3conf
- typo3temp
- uploads

After all I think it would be a lot easier to do it the ordinary way:
- Install new TYPO3 source (t3lib, tslib, typo3)
- Run the database upgrade in the Install Tool

> ps
> a minor bug on testsite 3.8.0:
> see
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1102

I know.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr/tgz_distribution/
> are somehow obsolete, aren`t they? I did not need to create any
> symlinks, they were already there (i am on a Fedora2 linux)

Yes they are already there. This is exactly what is written in the document.
It's just written to explain how it works.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out