[Typo3] Bug 0000416. Typo3 3.6.2 What am I supposed to do?

mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Tue Aug 23 19:42:16 CEST 2005

Michael, Peter, all

thanks for the reply.
So, I installed Typo3 3.8.0 and testsite 3.8.0. That`s fine (besides a
minor bug ./see below). I went for the easy way to install everything
3.8.0 from scratch (with a new mysql database).

So the question is: how do I move whatever I still have under 3.6.2 to
3.8.0 (pages tree, TS setups, content elements, and so on). It is just
enough to change mysql database from the install tool?  Is there some
other tool to do that?  I know that I may dig in the documentation and
find an answer,  but if you may write to the list step-by-step
instructions, I would really appreciate.

Thanks
mario

ps
a minor bug on testsite 3.8.0:
see
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1102

ps. the instructions on symlinks at
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr/tgz_distribution/
are somehow obsolete, aren`t they? I did not need to create any
symlinks, they were already there (i am on a Fedora2 linux)