[Typo3] Disable "Delete" for Records in Backend?

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Thu Aug 18 15:59:52 CEST 2005

"redacted user" <t.keller at itcampus.de> skrev i en meddelelse
news:mailman.1366.1124373262.24980.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello guys!
>
> Following problem: We have some dependet record types (basically normal
> foreign key relations db-wise) implemented with InnoDB and several
> foreign key constraints. Since our primary table has many fields we get
> "Got error 139 from storage engine" in MySQL because the total record
> size is bigger than 8000 bytes (this is another story). So we were
> forced to move to MyISAM tables.
>
> The tables are configured via $TCA so that the backend doesn't really
> deletes a record but sets its deleted flag to "1". Unfortunately
> dependent records are now still shown and not also set to "deleted", and
> we can't find a way to configure such a behaviour via
> $TCA[<table>]['ctrl']. Now we thought: "Lets disable the 'delete' menu
> option in the backend and create our own delete function!"  While the
> second part isn't a big problem (a joined update/delete), the first is
> one, since we want to hide the normal "delete" functionality from the
> user so that he/she doesn't accidently just deletes one record and the
> dependent ones are still shown.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Thomas. In the USER TSConfig you can set something like this:

# Hide the delete button for all elements
options.disableDelete = 1

# Hide the delete button, but only for tt_content elements
options.disableDelete = 0
options.disableDelete.tt_content = 1

Maybe you can set it for your custom table too?
(Not sure if it disables ALL ways to delete content, as TYPO3 often has
several ways to do the same thing..)

--
Peter Klein/Umloud Untd