[Typo3] Disable "Delete" for Records in Backend?

redacted user t.keller at itcampus.de
Thu Aug 18 15:52:51 CEST 2005

Hello guys!

Following problem: We have some dependet record types (basically normal
foreign key relations db-wise) implemented with InnoDB and several
foreign key constraints. Since our primary table has many fields we get
"Got error 139 from storage engine" in MySQL because the total record
size is bigger than 8000 bytes (this is another story). So we were
forced to move to MyISAM tables.

The tables are configured via $TCA so that the backend doesn't really
deletes a record but sets its deleted flag to "1". Unfortunately
dependent records are now still shown and not also set to "deleted", and
we can't find a way to configure such a behaviour via
$TCA[<table>]['ctrl']. Now we thought: "Lets disable the 'delete' menu
option in the backend and create our own delete function!"  While the
second part isn't a big problem (a joined update/delete), the first is
one, since we want to hide the normal "delete" functionality from the
user so that he/she doesn't accidently just deletes one record and the
dependent ones are still shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas.