[Typo3] Cann't access TS constants value at level1

reena reena at srijan.in
Sat Aug 13 10:37:23 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in my typo3 site. I am implementing tt_news in my
site. I have 3 level menues.

Home (root)
  -> About Us(level 1)
  ->  Science
       -> Environment Science(level 2)
  -> Schools
      -> Public Schools
      -> Private Schools

Now I want to implement tt_news on  level 1. I have created a temp
object like this:

temp.headline_story_image < plugin.tt_news
 temp.headline_story_image {
  code >
  code = LATEST
  pid_list >
  pid_list = 1064 # the pids of the pages where your news are stored
  categoryMode = 1
  categorySelection = {$headlines_news_category}
  templateFile = {$headlines_image_template_file}
}

subparts.headline_story_image < temp.headline_story_image

I have created a contant called headlines_news_category which will take
the category id.
Now i have created different categories like Schools, Science etc.

Now I just want to change this constant value at different of level  1
by  creating a new template record for each page and assign the
headlines_news_category = something in the TS constants so that
different pages can reuse the same tt_news plugin but shows the news of
different category. I am changing the category id at diffetent pages.

I can see the news in level 2 but not in level one ???

Does anybody having any idea why is this happening

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

Warm Regards,
Reena Chandel