[Typo3] stdWrap functions not working

Brian Slezak Brian.Slezak at cor.org
Sat Aug 13 05:11:41 CEST 2005

What would cause ifEmpty, debugData functions to not work on an install of Typo3?

I have the following typoscript in two different installs of Typo3, identical except for the uid value of course, and it works on one and not the other.

temp.random = RECORDS
temp.random.tables = tt_content
temp.random.source = 1787

temp.border < styles.content.getBorder
temp.border.stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject < temp.random

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 < temp.border
page.10.wrap = <hr>|<hr>

On one install, ifEmpty is processed as I expected, and debugData outputs an array.  On the other, ifEmpty never works, and debugData outputs an empty object, or just '$cObj->data:'

The only reason why debugData would be empty is if the page were empty... but it's obviously not.

I'm at a loss, other than to think it has to do with the environment of the install, and it's totally hacking me off that it doesn't work.  :)

All suggestions appreciated.

Brian