[Typo3] Extension rating

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Aug 12 12:32:37 CEST 2005

Hi!

Carlos A. Chiari O. wrote:
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow logged users to rate the extension?

I believe it would not. There are "popular" extensions, they will get
the highest rating. But there are much less used extensions, which are
extremely useful under some conditions.

The idea of ratings is usually to define what people like more and what
they like less. How are people are going to "like" extension they never
used? Ratings is good for something equal like magazine articles, or
cakes, or cars. You would not rate truck car together with passenger
car, right? Or amateur Sesna aeroplan with Stealth jet flighter? They
are just not comparable. Same for extensions: each of them serves
different purpose. Not comparable...

"Most popular" section in TER would be interesting. But rating makes no
sence at all in my opinion. Extensions are not pets, articles or post
stamps. They are modules used under

Dmitry,