[Typo3] Advanced Page Keywords

Anton Liebetrau antlie at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 5 23:45:17 CEST 2005

Hi cbc2,

there are some problems with your code:

1. The "description" entered in the advanced page is written to the field
"abstract" of the table "pages" (you can check this with phpMyAdmin).

   --> You should write: page.meta.DESCRIPTION.field = abstract

BUT:

2. Your TypoScript code is executed only once (at the rendering of the first
page), so your solution cannot work.

Your idea works, if you set your code in a "conditional part" like this:

[PIDinRootline = 1]
    # Assumption: your root page has the PID 1
    page.meta.keywords.field = keywords
    page.meta.description.field = abstract
[END]

With this solution, you have to enter in every page a description and a
keyword list, otherwise the meta tags don't appear in the rendered HTML
page.

In your case, I would try the extension "Meta tags, extended" (Extention
key: metatags).

Greetings, Anton

cbc2 has written: