[Typo3] Extension/Plugin: Set a conf variable in template setup help needed

Joshua Preston jpreston at americatab.com
Sun Apr 10 15:53:12 CEST 2005

Hey everyone!

I have written a plugin that has two modes, one is to be inserted into a
page as content.  The other is meant to be inserted into the template
much like a menu.  The second only displays status.

My template code looks like:

lib.status.20 < plugin.tx_jpamtab_pi3
lib.status.20.isStatus = 1
lib.status.20.tracks.stdWrap.wrap = <table align="center" border="0"> |

The setup for the plugin, ext_typoscript_setup.txt has the following:

plugin.tx_jpamtab_pi3 = USER
plugin.tx_jpamtab_pi3 {

        #setup

        isStatus = 0

}

The only problem is that the lib.status.20.isStatus = 1 sets the
plugin.tx_jpamtab_pi3.isStatus to 1...  This is not what I wanted.
Because the plugin has two modes, no matter how I have tried it so far,
it only displays one or the other, but never both...

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Preston.

Is there any way to accomplish this?