[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 7 dependency in extensions

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jan 20 13:53:39 CET 2015

Am 20.01.15 um 11:57 schrieb Stephan Großberndt:
> To my knowledge the current deprecation policy is the following:
>
> All along the lifetime of TYPO3 7 public API will not change. There will
> be deprecations, but no removals, those will be done with the first
> release of TYPO3 8.
>
> Also see https://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-core/wiki/CoreDevPolicy

that's the theory.
but practise may look a little bit different.

a security update may break the given behaviour any time

and what about features/functions which are invented e.g. in 7.2 and get
modified in 7.3 as the usage shows big flaws in first implementation?
have a look at FAL: FAL in 6.2 is different than in 6.1 or 6.0
there was no place for deprecation because the initial structure was
incomplete.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html